UK just started their 5G network from 30 May 2019. Vodafone is going to launch their 5G network on 03 July 2019 and Three UK is lauching 5G from August. After this launch UK will enter in a new era. No more lagging, super fast internet, improved telecommunication. Initially 5G will be launched in few major cities and gradually companies will expand their coverage.
What is 5G
5G is the fifth generation cellular network technology that is 100x faster than 4G network. It improves telecommunication network for faster internet, more reliable network than ever.
How you can use 5G?
To be eligible to use 5G network you need to check the following checkpoints.
- Subscribing with 5G enabled telecom & internet service provider.
For UK people, Vodafone and Three UK already published their 5G plans.
- 5G enabled handsets.
In UK there are few mobile phone available because 5G just launched couple days ago. But more models will be available soon.
Best 5G mobile phones in UK
5G bring speed. So to utilize the full performance of 5G network you need to choose your mobile phone wisely. Because besides the network speed your handsets should also be compatible to consume 5G features. We have tried to find all the available 5G enable mobile handsets in UK. Here is the list
1. Samsung Galaxy S10 5G
First 5G ready Samsung mobile phone is now available in UK. You can buy that from Vodafone store and other local stores. It’s one of the most powerful 5G mobile phone as of now.
- Screen: 6.7″ Dynamic AMOLED
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint ID – First-touch unlock
- Internal storage upto 512 GB
- 8GB RAM
- Camera: Six powerful cameras. Front Dual 3D Depth Sensing Camera
- Hyperfast with 5G
- The All-Day Intelligent Battery
- Wireless PowerShare is a quick charge for the long haul
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Color: Prism White, Black, Gold
Price may starts from £ 1,034. Vodafone plan starts from £ 47.50 per month See more details from Samsung.
2. HUAWEI Mate X
According to Huawei, it’s the world’s fastest foldable 5G phone. Here is the details we found for you.
- Color: Interstellar Blue
- Display: OLED
- Size: Unfolded: 8 inches & folded: 6.6 inches for front panel, 6.38 inches for back panel
- 2G / 3G / 4G / 5G Multi-mode
- OS: Android 9
- RAM: 8 GB
- Internal storage: 512 GB
- Memory card: Up to 256 GB
- Camera: Leica Quad Camera: 40 MP (Wide Angle Lens, f/1.8 aperture) + 16 MP (Ultra Wide Angle Lens, f/2.2 aperture) + 8 MP (Telephoto, f/2.4 aperture,OIS)
- Dual SIM support
We didn’t find out yet about which company will make it available and due to Huawei ban it’s unclear yet about availability in UK.
3. Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G
Flagship phone from Xiaomi. Fastest 5G mobile phones by Xiaomi. Here is the primary specifications for Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G
- 2Gbps+ Downlink Speed
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 855 flagship processor
- Full screen slider with 93.4% screen-to-body ratio
- Internal storage: 64/128 GB
- RAM: 6GB
- Sapphire Blue, Onyx Black
Price may starts from £ 534. Vodafone plans starts from £ 37 per month (5G). Learn more about this model from Xiaomi official website.
** 5G function will be available via OTA update. Update times depend on your specific carrier and network