Since few years I am using various kinds of Concept modelling tools like Mind Map, UML, etc.. But always I found a common question that is why programmers should use Mind Map. My answer is so much straight forward and that is “I prefer Mind Map than any other modelling tools because Mind Map is too much informal than others. It’s perfect for randomized ideas.”
As a web programmer basically I need to design concept visually and also I need to solve complex and large problem sets.
Simply I have some keypoints-
* Mind Map is too much formal than others.
* Anybody can use this techniques but to use UML and other techniques you need to study on that.
* You just organize Ideas without any rules, your ideas your rules
* Mind Map doesn’t follow any special convention
* It’s useful to design your random concepts
* It can be used to build a concepts from too many pieces of ideas
* No specific drawing rules
* No specific symbol. Just use as you like to understand it
* So much helpful to solve programming solution
* New feature design of a software by gathering random concept
* Solve large problems
* Generate keywords for Problems, Solution, Learning, Implementing for a software or program
* Very fast
* Most of Mind Map tools are freeware and even open source project
I use FreeMind in my UBUNTU notebook to generate and design concept and to find out solution of complex programming logic. I would suggest you to practice MindMap for your better research and conceptual creative works.